About this time last year was BooKoos first "Official" Custom tutu. The Tutu is still one of my favorites and I will always think of Sweet little Andi every Feb. Her momma Jamie contacted me and ordered Andi's first birthday tutu....little pink zebra I called it. I worked with her and created what I thought was adorable little spunky mix....
This year when Feb rolled around I thought how crazy it was that I have been lucky enough to stay home with my Livi while making all these adorable tutus for little ones everywhere. I have had customers all across the US and wanted to thank you all for the referrals. Word of mouth is everything!
So I thought that since Andi and BooKoos shared a "birthday" she should have a birthday tutu this year. I gave Jamie a shout and created at tutu for Andi's second birthday. I was lucky that Jamie didn't think I was some kinda weirdo wanting to make her daughter a tutu as a birthday gift but since she kinda inspired me and got me started with BooKoos it was the least I could do.
Jamie was nice enough to let me make it however I wanted and have artistic freedom. Andi loves purple and since that happens to be one of my favorite colors it wasn't so hard to create a tutu for her. I decided to mix part of her and part of me to make this one of a kind tutu. Being a Kentucky Girl I Bleed blue so what a perfect combo but a mix of warm and cool tone purples and blues....
I got a wonderfully Sweet email and some lovely pics from Jamie and Andi and they were tutu cute not to share, looks like she had fun!
HAPPY 2nd Birthday ANDI
Thanks for being BooKoos of Tutus
Birthday Buddy !
This next little shout out has nothing to do with tutus. But a wonderful little birthday treat that I had to pass along.
Feburary 10th is my Dads birthday, as some of you know my family is in Kentucky and I live in Oregon. I wanted to do something special for my dad's big day and was pretty sure a tutu wouldn't do it ;) While at Union College I Met a pretty cool chick. Rachel Lewis. Through the magic of Facebook I noticed Rachel started http://www.shebakescakes.com/
Have you ever watched Ace of Cakes or Cake Boss? She makes this type of wonderfully beautiful and Yummy(so I hear) cakes. I became a fan on fb and had to have her make one for my dad. He is a golfer and pharmacist and I think she did an amazing job. Check out the link to her fb
Rachel is in the process of moving to Jacksonville Fl. So if you know anyone near pass her along she does amazing work!
Happy Birthday to everyone who celebrated this month
Have a great day and don't forget.......
You are never too old for a tutu!




No comments:
Post a Comment